If you are looking for a way to spice up your smile and stand out from the crowd, you might be interested in getting some moissanite teeth grillz. Teeth grillz are removable jewelry pieces that cover your teeth and give them a shiny and flashy appearance. Teeth grillz can be made of different materials, such as gold, silver, platinum, or copper.
However, if you want to go for the ultimate bling, you might want to consider getting some teeth grillz that are studded with gemstones, such as diamonds or moissanites.
Diamonds and moissanites are both clear and sparkling stones that can make your teeth grillz look stunning and expensive. However, they are not the same and they have some differences that you should know before you decide which one to get. In this blog post, we will compare moissanite grillz and diamond grillz and help you choose which one is right for you.
What Are Moissanites and Diamonds?
Moissanites and diamonds are both natural minerals that have the same chemical composition: carbon. However, they have different crystal structures and physical properties.
How Are Moissanites and Diamonds Formed?
Diamonds are formed deep in the earth’s mantle under high pressure and temperature, while moissanites are formed in meteorites that crash into the earth’s surface. Moissanites are very rare and scarce in nature, so most of the moissanites used in jewelry (like our grillz) are lab-created.
How Hard Are Moissanites and Diamonds?
Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on earth, with a hardness of 10 on the Mohs scale. Moissanites are slightly softer, with a hardness of 9.25, but they are still very durable and resistant to scratches and chips.
How Do Moissanites and Diamonds Sparkle?
Diamonds and moissanites also have different optical properties, such as refractive index, dispersion, and brilliance. Refractive index measures how much light bends when it passes through a stone. Dispersion measures how much light splits into different colors when it passes through a stone. Brilliance measures how much light reflects from the surface and the interior of a stone.
Diamonds have a refractive index of 2.42, a dispersion of 0.044, and a brilliance of 17.2%. Moissanites have a higher refractive index of 2.65, a higher dispersion of 0.104, and a higher brilliance of 20.4%. This means that moissanites are more sparkly and fierier than diamonds, but they can also look more artificial and less natural.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Moissanite Grillz and Diamond Grillz?
Moissanite grillz and diamond grillz both have their advantages and disadvantages, depending on your preferences, budget, and style. Here are some of the pros and cons of each type of grillz:
- Moissanite grillz are more affordable than diamond grillz. Moissanites are cheaper than diamonds because they are lab-created and have a lower demand. You can get a moissanite grill for a fraction of the cost of a diamond grill.
- Moissanite grillz are more sparkly and fierier than diamond grillz. Moissanites have a higher refractive index, dispersion, and brilliance than diamonds, which means they reflect lighter and create more rainbow flashes. If you want to dazzle everyone with your grillz, moissanites are a great choice.
- Moissanite grillz are durable and resistant to scratches and chips. Moissanites are almost as hard as diamonds, which means they can withstand wear and tear and last for a long time. You don’t have to worry about damaging your moissanite grillz.
- Moissanite grillz can look artificial and less natural than diamond grillz. Moissanites have a higher refractive index, dispersion, and brilliance than diamonds, which means they can look too shiny and flashy. Some people might prefer the more subtle and elegant look of diamonds.
- Moissanite grillz can have a yellow or green tint under certain lighting conditions. Moissanites are not colorless like diamonds, but they have a slight hue that can vary from near colorless to faint yellow or green. This hue can be more noticeable under fluorescent or natural light, which can affect the appearance of your grillz.
- Diamond grillz are more natural and elegant than moissanite grillz. Diamonds are the most popular and classic gemstones for jewelry, and they have a timeless and sophisticated appeal. Diamonds have a lower refractive index, dispersion, and brilliance than moissanites, which means they have a more subtle and refined sparkle.
- Diamond grillz are colorless and have no tint under any lighting conditions. Diamonds are graded on a color scale from D to Z, where D is the most colorless and Z is the most yellow or brown. Most diamonds used in jewelry are near-colorless, which means they have no visible hue. Diamonds will look clear and white under any light source, which can enhance the appearance of your grillz.
- Diamond grillz are more expensive than moissanite grillz. Diamonds are more expensive than moissanites because they are rare and have a higher demand. You will have to pay a premium price for a diamond grill, especially if you want a high-quality and large-sized stone.
- Diamond grillz are less sparkly and fiery than moissanite grillz. Diamonds have a lower refractive index, dispersion, and brilliance than moissanites, which means they reflect less light and create less rainbow flashes. If you want to impress everyone with your grillz, diamonds might not be enough.
How To Choose the Best Grillz for You?
The best grillz for you depends on your personal taste, budget, and style. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to choosing between moissanite grillz and diamond grillz. Both types of grillz can make your smile look amazing and unique. However, here are some tips to help you make your decision:
- Consider your budget. If you have a limited budget, moissanite grillz might be a better option for you. You can get a moissanite grill for a fraction of the cost of a diamond grill, and still enjoy the same durability and sparkle. However, if you have a generous budget, diamond grillz might be worth the splurge. You can get a diamond grill that will last forever and never go out of style.
- Consider your style. If you have a bold and flashy style, moissanite grillz might suit you better. You can get a moissanite grill that will make your teeth shine like stars and catch everyone’s attention. However, if you have a subtle and classy style, diamond grillz might suit you better. You can get a diamond grill that will make your teeth look elegant and refined and complement your outfit.
- Consider your preference. If you prefer a more natural and realistic look, diamond grillz might be a better choice for you. You can get a diamond grill that will look like your natural teeth, but with a touch of glamour. However, if you prefer a more artificial and dramatic look, moissanite grillz might be a better choice for you. You can get a moissanite grill that will look like a piece of art, but with a lot of flair.
Where To Buy the Best Moissanite Grillz?
If you have decided to buy some grillz, whether they are moissanite grillz or diamond grillz, you need to find a reliable and reputable source. You don’t want to buy some cheap and low-quality grillz that will damage your teeth or fall apart. You want to buy some high-quality and custom-made grillz that will fit your teeth perfectly and last for a long time. That’s why you should buy your grillz from GotGrillz, the best online store for custom teeth grillz.
GotGrillz offers a wide range of teeth grillz options, from gold and silver to diamond and moissanite. You can choose from different styles, such as top, bottom, full, or partial grillz. You can also customize your teeth grillz to suit your preferences, such as the color, shape, size, and design. You can even get teeth grillz with your name, logo, or initials on them. So, check out our collection today and get your perfect grillz. You can also request a free mold kit from Facebook and Instagram.